Monday, February 22, 2010

In which we discover: I have no self-control.

Literally. No self-control. None at all. Let me explain.  I'm not Catholic, but I thought with so many people around me giving things up for Lent I would give it a try as well.  That lasted all of....two days.

I wanted to give up candy. If you know me you know how incredibly hard this was going to be. I eat candy not only on a daily basis but rather a 12 hour basis. I need candy everyday - multiple times day. Love it so much. Well, turns out you can get diabetes at any point in your life. Maybe I am really naive, but I thought you were born with diabetes and that was that. Turns out that isn't so much the case. I had no idea that by eating too much sugar you could develop it (among many other causes). Not cool. I do not know how I don't have more cavities, weigh 30 more pounds, or have diabetes already. It made sense to cut back on candy, and Let was the most opportune time to do it.

Wishful thinking. No such luck.  I had great intentions, and I was actually a little excited for this challenge. Challenge, consider yourself victorious in this little bout. I have been conquered by the sugary goodness and lack of self-control. I've already had at least three cups of m&ms (yup thats right, not packages or handfuls: CUPS), a bag of cherry Twizzler nibs, two candy necklaces, one package of orange crazy core Skittles, six Hershey's kisses, two cherry blow-pops, a watermelon push pop, and five chocolate covered cherries. I've managed to consume that much candy since Thursday.....It's only Monday if you weren't aware. Most of it was eaten yesterday, too. Biggest Loser, here I come.

Holy moly. It doesn't seem like that much candy while I'm eating it, but when I type it all out like that...sounds real bad!  I have no self-control. If candy is around it is eaten.

If you gave something up for Lent - I wish you luck. I also admire you for your self-control.  Spending money and candy are my vices. Maybe someday I'll get some control, but in the meantime oh well!

Good luck to you.

ps - What's your secret??

4 comments:

  1. I gave up the candy bowl at work Morgan...and I have a headache and have been sweating all day because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can manage not to cave in I truly commend you. I not only have a candy bowl at my desk but two drawers devoted to candy and purse full of it. Damn me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also gave up the candy bowl. Right about now I feel as if I am going to pass out from the lack of sugar! I also decided after this past weekend to give up drinking, but I know that's the one I can't do...

    Tip: I know it's not as good, but I like to eat yogurts after meals to get my sweet craving in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan thats how much Candy I've eaten in the past two years lol... But I don't really like candy so...

    But since you mentioned the Biggest Loser, You can eat this Extra Sugar Free gum I always keep in my coat pocket for those sweet tooth cravings that you can't quite cure... And it's only 5 calories a piece!!!! I like watermelon flavor or winter ice ;)

    ReplyDelete