Friday, February 12, 2010

windshield washer fluid, oh how I love thee

*Warning: this post is going to be fairly lame, but at this point you should not be surprised.  I have embraced my lame, which makes me kind of cool for knowing and liking that I'm lame.  Although thinking I am cool is a little lame and makes me less cool. Hmmm... The pickle I am in.  Anyways, yeah I am obsessed with windshield washer fluid, so you can imagine how interesting this post is going to be.  Continue reading if you kind of like my lame factor, too, and you want to learn about my obsession.

So a lot of things about winter really suck. The bad roads, getting the slushy snow/salt mix on the bottom of your pants, not being able to do stuff outside, the weather ruining plans among many others.  On the flip side, there are a lot of thing about winter that are pretty awesome: my birthday (insert woo here please), Christmas, sweat pants and hoodies are not only acceptable but encouraged, hot chocolate, snow days, how pretty the trees look covered in snow, and the opportunity to use windshield washer fluid at least once every five minutes.

I. Love. Windshield. Washer. Fluid. Seriously. Love. Love. Love. Love. It. If you were wondering, the periods add emphasis and style.  Sure you can use washer fluid all year round, but never do you ever get the mass amounts of opportunities to push that little button and watch the magic happen. Swish, swish goes the blue stuff, and my windshield is clean!

I think it is fun to push buttons, and I think it's fun to wash windows. That plus that equal AMAZING. Now, I will attempt to transition into an analogy I use when I talk to myself, because I do that...a lot. I have friends and family that are the washer fluid to my windshield I call life. Hallmark is totally going to jump all over that and make a card out of it! Sometimes I feel like I could use washer fluid in my everyday life, not just in my car.  Things get messy, blurry and I don't always know where I'm going.  I think we can all use some clarity from time to time, or at least I hope we all can and I'm not alone in this!

More and more I've learned that you need people like this in your life - to help you find your way, show you a path and give you some clarity on what's going on.  Lately, I have been only surrounding myself with people that are a positive influence in my life - big or small, day to day or in the big picture.  These people help me get where I'm going and I think I can help them get where they are going. Life is too short not to be happy all of the time, and with that comes surrounding yourself with people that make you genuinely happy.  I'm talking about the kind of happy that you don't have to fake, it's there and it makes your heart smile.  Just like washer fluid.

So to you, those people in my life that are like washer fluid, thank you. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, which I will more than likely be blogging about how stupid that day is, I love you all. You bring me clarity and make me smile.

Not such a bad analogy, huh? Nope, pretty good if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

  1. Um how has no one commented on this?!!! That is an awesome analogy. I will no longer take my "windshield washer fluid" for granted :) And I mean the quoted and the unquoted! Hope that I have been some windshield washer fluid in your life lately...I love gchatting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess - you are definitely one of those people that bring me positivity and clarity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just catching up on you blog Morgan, and that is a very neat analogy. I like it!

    ReplyDelete