Friday, February 5, 2010

today...not tomorrow

We've all heard the quote "never put off till tomorrow what you can do today". For some, it makes sense. For me, it's just one of those quotes I've heard, I can recite, and I can pretend to live by it. The truth of the matter is, I don't.

I am a HUGE fan and avid practicer of procrastination. Is 'practicer' even a word? For the sake of this blog, let's just pretend it is. I digress (which you will soon learn and either love or loathe that I go off on tangents and ramble a crap ton - ps a crap ton is a whole lot), from time to time I tend to put things off until tomorrow or maybe even the next day just because I can.

Things are changing. I'm changing. The time is now. I've got things I want to change about myself and work on, and today is the day...not tomorrow.

I made a list of 24 things I want to do when I am 24 and number 1 on the list is "Start, maintain, and keep a blog for 1 year". I thought I'd start the blog on my birthday and begin 24 with a bang. Makes sense right? Yeah, of course it does. In my head it does. Waiting a few more days also seems to be procrastinating. Why not just start the blog today?

So here you have it. My blog. Will people read it? Probably not. Do I care? eh...not really. Starting a blog is on my list and gosh darn it...I want to cross off 24 items on my 24 item list.

ps I googled it...you will also learn I google and urban dictionary almost everything...I believe practicer is in fact a word.

5 comments:

  1. Love it :D I will look forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I love it! I am turning 24 the day before you and I think having a list is awesome. I don't know if I have that much ambition though :) So I will ask the most obvious question...are you going to share the list of 24? What's on it?! I'm dying to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will read it! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you didn't keep it you already deleted it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess - I'll post the list.. maybe showing it to people will make me hold myself accountable!?? Time will tell :)

    Ryan - I deleted it, made the list, then started the blog...again... So this is take two, and I intend on keeping and maintaining it. Technically speaking I'm good to go. ps - My list. I make the rules.

    ReplyDelete