Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Because....I'm Awesome!

Okay, maybe I'm not really that awesome. Ps does anyone still say 'awesome'...let alone refer to themselves as awesome? From time to time I do however remind myself that I'm not that bad, and I am awesome or some version of my own awesome.  Self indulgent? Yes, probably a little narcissistic, too. What's wrong with reminding yourself instead of someone else doing it for you? Answer: nothing - it's good for you. At least that's what I tell myself. You don't always have someone available to boost your ego or remind you of your inner awesomeness in all that you do.

My friend Cortney inspired this blog. Not only because she is awesome, but because of a conversation we had. Earlier this morning we were discussing pep talks and how we tell ourselves things to get us to act a certain way or not act a certain way...usually they are effective for an hour or two.  We aren't really legendary football coaches with the ability to inspire and motivate ourselves.  In my defense I've never experienced a motivational half time speech...that's because there weren't half times in speech and drama. I was quite the nerd in high school and as unathletic as unathletically possible. Geesh - I am full of excuses today!

Not only do I give myself pep talks, but I have certain music I listen to to motivate me and post-it notes galore with little reminders and messages.  I've even made rules for myself to try and follow. Do I always follow them? No not really, but they are there and sometimes they help.

So to start your day I just want you all to know that you are awesome. Don't forget to remind yourself, and if you ever need me to remind you I sure can!

Dwight also inspired this blog a little...but Cortney gets most the credit. Thanks, Dwight ----> Because...I'm Awesome

2 comments: